Teaching and Experiencde
My abilities reach into the classroom, as well as the design studio. My designs are based on over six years of classroom teaching experience and curriculum development.
• 6 years teaching experiences in both online and classrom
• 4 years experience as an instructional designer
• Over 20 years of professional publishing and design experience
• Masters of Fine Arts (MFA), Visual Communications, The Ohio State University
• Friendly, approachable personality
• Highly creative and innovative
• Ability to create an environment that encourages creative, critical thinking
• Works well independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Communicate with stakeholders regularly to define deliverables, discuss project status, design outlines, and review timelines
I was an online instructor for the Pittsburgh Arts Institute Online. I taught a variety of undergraduate online courses.
• Digital illustration
• Editorial Illustration
• Digital Image Manipulation
• Publication design
• Color theory
• Design fundamentals
• Design principles
I am proficient with both Blackboard and Moodle Learning Management Systems (LMS).
I am proficient in a wide variety of design software. They included:
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Premier
• Adobe Flash
• Adobe AfterEffects
• Articulate Storyline2
• Camtasia screencasting
• Comic Life
From 2010 to 2013, I taught visual communications courses in the Mass Communications Department at the Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait City, Kuwait. I taught a wide vareity of undergraduate courses. These included:
• Introduction to Mass Communications
• Introduction to Visual Communications
• Graphic Design
• Visual Storytelling
• Digital Video and Audio
• Digital Animation
• Web Design
• Advertising Design
I can create courses that achieve course objectives, promote student success, and offer value-added benefits to all involved.
I use front-end analyses such as needs assessment, task analysis, content analysis, learner characteristic assessment, environmental review, and instructional analysis.
I continually research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies, materials, and instruction.
I work hard to build relationships with subject-matter experts to encourage their feedback.