I was an online instructor for the Pittsburgh Arts Institute Online. I taught a variety of undergraduate online courses.
• Digital illustration
• Editorial Illustration
• Digital Image Manipulation
• Publication design
• Color theory
• Design fundamentals
• Design principles
I am proficient with both Blackboard and Moodle Learning Management Systems (LMS).
From 2010 to 2013, I taught visual communications courses in the Mass Communications Department at the Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait City, Kuwait. I taught a wide vareity of undergraduate courses. These included:
• Introduction to Mass Communications
• Introduction to Visual Communications
• Graphic Design
• Visual Storytelling
• Digital Video and Audio
• Digital Animation
• Web Design
• Advertising Design
I can create courses that achieve course objectives, promote student success, and offer value-added benefits to all involved.
I use front-end analyses such as needs assessment, task analysis, content analysis, learner characteristic assessment, environmental review, and instructional analysis.
I continually research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies, materials, and instruction.
I work hard to build relationships with subject-matter experts to encourage their feedback.
• Different By Design: Designing Online Courses for Student Learning, 2 graduate credits
• Effective Online Teaching, 2 graduate credits
My abilities reach into the classroom, as well as the design studio. My designs are based on over six years of classroom teaching experience and curriculum development.
An effective way to remember information is through the use of storytelling. Users are able to connect to the characters and the information.
I developed its gaming storyline, character development, and virtual badges for the Cuyahoga Community College’s
MOOC for Developmental Education in Math. This MOOC received award.
I am proficient in a wide variety of design software. They included:
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Premier
• Adobe Flash
• Adobe AfterEffects
• Articulate Storyline2
• Camtasia screencasting
• Comic Life
• Six years teaching experiences in both online and classrom
• Over 20 years of professional publishing and design experience
• Masters of Fine Arts (MFA), Visual Communications, The Ohio State University
• Friendly, approachable personality
• Highly creative and innovative
• Ability to create an environment that encourages creative, critical thinking
• Works well independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Communicate with stakeholders regularly to define deliverables, discuss project status, design outlines, and review timelines